Avisford Park Local Giveaway 2018
At a special reception on Wednesday 7th February 2018, the team at Hilton Avisford Park presented grants totalling £9,000 to 15 local schools, clubs and charities working with children and young people in the community. The funds awarded were raised at the hotel’s fantastic charity ball ‘A Night in Paris’, held on 11th November 2017 in support of local young people and DM Thomas Foundation for Young People.
Each of the 15 local organisations were awarded £600 each to support their work helping to transform the lives of young people:
- Aldingbourne County Primary School PTA will improve the playground facilities at the school.
- Arundel and Brighton Diocesan Trust will replace equipment for outdoor play.
- Arundel CE Primary School will purchase educational apps for use on iPads.
- Barnham Trojans Football Club will purchase new football kit and equipment for its youth teams.
- Bishop Tufnell CE Junior School will provide more books in its library.
- Bognor Youth Rugby will purchase sub coats for its youth rugby team.
- Chichester City Youth FC will provide new equipment for its youth club.
- Chichester High School will turn an area in its social room into a kitchen for breakfast and social events. They will purchase a stereo system for the social room.
- FOSS (Friends of Summerlea School) will provide iPads to develop the pupils’ technology skills.
- JustDifferent Ltd will purchase new IT equipment for disability and difference workshops in primary and secondary schools.
- Kids Cancer Charity will provide Compassionate Care Breaks for children and families affected by cancer.
- Southway Primary School will purchase additional texts for its Accelerated Reader system.
- St Mary’s Catholic Primary School will provide books for pupils to access a wide range of fiction as well as non-fiction for topic and research purposes.
- Walberton & Binsted CE Primary School PTA will help provide laptops for pupils.
- Walberton Players will support the cost of costumes, performing rights, props and scenery for the youth section’s production of Bugsy Malone.